Your feedback is important.
While we’re confident our clinicians are the best in the business, we know that people are always learning and can make mistakes.
We’re keen to hear what we could have done better, and how we can provide the best possible services.
You can give us feedback, express a concern, or lodge a complaint to us via any of the following options:
- Tell one of our employees
- Visit us at our central office at 32 Burton Street, Cannington
- Call us on (08) 6263 8623
- Write to PO Box 616, Cannington WA 6987
- Email email@example.com
- Click here to complete our online Feedback form or click here to download the PDF version of the Feedback form.
- To fill in the PDF form online, you must save the PDF file on a desktop device with an Adobe Acrobat Reader software or extension. We recommend the free Adobe Reader Chrome Extension, or the free Adobe PDF Reader.
Alternatively, you could go direct to the NDIS website.
Disability Royal Commission
The Disability Royal Commission wants to hear from all Australians about their experiences of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.
The Royal Commission is now accepting public submissions. Submissions received at this time will form part of the commission’s records. This means that if you decide to make a submission at this time, the information you provide will be publicly available.
For more information about making a submission, you can visit the Royal Commission website.
If the matter has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may wish to contact one of the following organisations. We can help you to contact them if you wish.
P (08) 9445 9991
Mental Health Advocacy Service
P (08) 6234 6300
Mental Health Law Centre
P (08) 9328 8012
NDIA Internal Review
P 1800 800 110
P 1800 117 000
People with Disabilities (WA)
P (08) 9420 7279
NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Commission
P 1800 035 544
Health and Disability Services Complaints Office (HaDSCO)
P (08) 6551 7600